- Damian Lewis gave a new interview to Patricia Sheridan of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that includes a discussion of his character Detective Charlie Crews on Life. He also spoke about his childhood, acting career, and the process of acquiring an American accent. (Thanks to Snafu1940 for sharing this interesting interview.)
- The latest edition of “Studio Pass” (NBC’s weekly newsletter) says that full seasons of some shows will no longer be available for online viewing after January 18th. It is not yet known if Life is one of these programs but it may be a good idea to catch up on your online viewing while you’ve got the chance! (Available to US residents only.)
- Life starring Damian Lewis will premiere in New Zealand on TV3 on January 21st and television critic Philip Wakefield has selected it as one of the best shows of the week saying:
“Life: Premiere of a whimsical detective drama starring Damian Lewis as an ex-con-cum-cop who rejoins the force after being framed. The Hollywood Reporter called his charismatic character “both unpredictable and impossible to pigeonhole”. TV3, 8.30pm Monday.”
- Lucky Gryffynchan hopes to attend a screening of the The Escapist featuring Damian Lewis at the
Sundance Film Festival; click here to contact Gryffynchan to learn more about it.
- This IndieWire article discusses the tough competition for distribution facing films screening at Sundance – including The Escapist.
- Youtube update: click here for “The Knife Exchange” (a scene from “Let Her Go”, episode 3 of Life) and click here for “Going My Way” (a scene from “Currahee”, episode 1 of Band of Brothers).
- John Greenwald, film reviewer for the Republican American, calls Friends and Crocodiles starring Damian Lewis and Jodhi May “excellent” and one of the best films of 2007.