- Spoilers! Leanne Cari’s preview of Your Highness for Cinema Blend includes this synopsis of the film’s storyline:
Throughout history, tales of chivalry have burnished the legends of brave, handsome knights who rescue fair damsels, slay dragons and conquer evil. But behind many a hero is a good-for-nothing younger brother trying just to stay out of the way of those dragons, evil and trouble in general. Danny McBride and James Franco team up for an epic comedy adventure set in a fantastical world- Your Highness. As two princes on a daring mission to save their land, they must rescue the heir apparent’s fiancée before their kingdom is destroyed.
Thadeous (McBride) has spent his life watching his perfect older brother Fabious (Franco) embark upon valiant journeys and win the hearts of his people. Tired of being passed over for adventure, adoration and the throne, he’s settled for a life of wizard’s weed, hard booze and easy maidens. But when Fabious’ bride-to-be, Belladonna (Zooey Deschanel), gets kidnapped by the evil wizard Leezar (Justin Theroux), the king gives his deadbeat son an ultimatum: Man up and help rescue her or get cut off.
Half-assedly embarking upon his first quest, Thadeous joins Fabious to trek across the perilous outlands and free the princess. Joined by Isabel (Natalie Portman)–an elusive warrior with a dangerous agenda of her own–the brothers must vanquish horrific creatures and traitorous knights before they can reach Belladonna. If Thadeous can find his inner hero, he can help his brother prevent the destruction of his land. Stay a slacker, and not only does he die a coward, he gets front row seats to the dawn of an all-new Dark Ages.
- On August 18, 2009, talented musician Dick Glasgow joined 5 other artists to record 4 tracks of traditional Irish music for Your Highness. Click here for a video of Dick Glasgow on the fiddle and John Hughes on uilleann pipes playing “Hand Me Down the Tackle.”
- This Is Staffordshire is featuring a story about “The Hall Family” – a family of Little People that have been cast in two upcoming films featuring members of “The Lewis Family”!
Claire Hall and her daughter Caitlin have just returned from Ireland where they acted as villagers for the filming of Your Highness. Ms. Hall and her son Bradley will also appear as extras in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with Helen McCrory as Narcissa Malfoy.
- This article from the Belfast Telegraph tells the story of a lost (and found!) copy of the script for Your Highness that was mislaid by a forgetful member of the film’s crew.
- British actor John Fricker has joined the cast of Your Highness.
- Irish actor Emmett J. Scanlon has posted his screen test for Your Highness on YouTube.
The photo above shows Damian Lewis in “fancy dress” as a knight in the BBC production of Shakespeare Retold – Much Ado About Nothing. This seems a fitting image because Damian is currently in Northern Ireland filming the role of a “dastardly knight” in Your Highness, the medieval comedy directed by David Gordon Green.
Here’s some news about Your Highness: