- Spoilers! EW’s Michael Ausiello quotes Life co-star Donal Logue on the future of the show:
Question: I hear Life won’t renewed for next season. Say it ain’t so, Mike! –Bev O.
Ausiello: It ain’t so! At least not yet anyway! Life co-star Donal Logue told us at the Monsters vs Aliens premiere that NBC probably won’t make a decision until May. And unlike you, the uncertainty isn’t keeping him up nights. “I am in a different position on this show than on shows I have done in the past where I was more the lead or title character,” he says. “On other shows I have done, I would be more in Damien’s position. He’s the one that is really feeling the concern. I feel free and open; it has been a great experience.” Logue adds that they’re shooting the season (or series?) finale as we speak. “It is really a super action-packed episode and it will answer a lot of questions. I think it is a very strong script and, so far, what we have shot looks great. Charlie confronts the deep dark parts in this episode. He is going to confront the conspiracy against him and it gets pretty intense.”
- A message received from Sharon, Damian’s assistant in LA, confirms that March 26th is the last day of filming for Life – Season 2. Regarding the future of the show, Sharon said that “no one knows anything – I know that for sure! Tomorrow is the last day of filming….I’ll send more info when I get it!”
- TV Guide Magazine has published their “2009 Sexiest Stars on TV” list and Sarah Shahi who plays Dani Reese on Life was named the “Sexiest Sidekick” with 45% of the viewer votes. Damian Lewis was a runner up in the “Sexiest Male Cop” category; click here for more information at zennish.net.
- This NBC press release shares good news about viewer ratings for Life:
Wednesday from 9-10 p.m. ET, “Life” (1.5/4 in 18-49, 4.3 million viewers overall) built on its lead-in from the previous hour by 25 percent in 18-49 rating and 27 percent in total viewers, despite intense competition in the hour from Fox’s “American Idol,” ABC’s “Lost” and CBS’s “Criminal Minds.” It is worth noting that “Life” has been adding an average 23 percent in adults 18-49 when going from “live plus same day” to “live plus seven day” results, one of the biggest increases for any show on the major networks.
- The Personal Pineapple site has a new update of news and links for Life.
- Thanks to Linda for the news that Season 2 of Life will premiere on RTL TV1 in Belgium on March 31st at 20:20.
- Robert Fulford of The National Post published this article about the star of Life saying:
“Damian Lewis, who looks every inch a tough American, turns out to be part of the extensive British invasion of American TV. At school Lewis played the villainous Wackford Squeers in Dickens’s Nicholas Nickleby and … he was Laertes to Ralph Fiennes’ Hamlet. On TV he became Soames in the remake of The Forsyte Saga. In 2001 Steven Spielberg escorted him into American TV by casting him in Band of Brothers, HBO’s 10-part series about the American army fighting its way east from Normandy in 1944-45.”
- On Sunday, March 29th BBC Radio 4’s “Classic Serial” broadcast of Something Fresh by PG Wodehouse will feature Helen McCrory as “Joan Valentine” and “Ioan Gruffudd” as Ashe Marson. The second part of this 2-part program will air on April 5th. This “Classic Serial” program will be available for online listening for 7 days after the original broadcast. Click here for more information. Thanks to Dotty for the news about this exciting new radio production!
- Great news! Band of Brothers starring Damian Lewis will broadcast in the US on Spike TV in the 3rd quarter of 2009; click here for more information.
- The Baker starring Damian Lewis is currently screening at the 12th Annual European Film Festival at the Gene Siskel Film Center in Chicago. Click here for scans from the festival program.
The British Consulate-General, Chicago published this statement about UK films screening at the festival.
- Click here for information about The Escapist at the Independent Film Festival of Boston next month.
- According to IMDb the Belgian and Dutch theatrical release dates for The Escapist have been changed once again!
» Netherlands: 25 June 2009
» Belgium: 12 August 2009
- An Unfinished Life with Damian Lewis will screen in Salisbury, North Carolina on on April 1st at the Center For Faith and the Arts; click here for more information. Thanks to Ann for the heads-up!
- Sliktamagyar has created a “LIFE – titles/intro” music video and posted it on YouTube.