- Cast members from Band of Brothers will be be reuniting to
jump out of planes (!) later this year in aid of the Richard Winters
Leadership Project, a campaign to raise money for a monument in
Normandy in honor of the late Major Winters. Over 20 cast members
have committed to the event. To learn more, visit
the Jumping for Heroes blog.
Click here at the Tim Gray Media website
to learn more about the Richard Winters Leadership Project.
- Damian Lewis was interviewed at the BBC TV Centre on Friday, most likley promotional work for the upcoming BBC television film Stolen. Journalist Ian Wylie tweeted about it on his blog. Thanks to Chantal and Ann for the headsup.
- Life: Season 1 wil begin airing weekly on the German
channel Vox beginning February 28th at 10:05pm. Thanks to Manuela for the info.
The New Zealand channel TV3 is now broacasting Season 2 of Life Tuesday evenings at 11:25 pm. Thanks to Ann for this info!
Got some time on your hands? Go vote for Damian Lewis as Your Favorite British Gent at the latest Hollywood Spy Blog poll! 😀
Soccer Aid 2010 update: Actor Michael Sheen and Manchester United star Ryan Giggs have been added to the Rest of the World team. The Soccer Aid charity match, which will raise money to benefit UNICEF, will be played in Manchester United’s Old Trafford stadium and broadcast live on ITV1 on June 6th. More info on the new additions here and here.
Helen McCrory, in rehearsals for The Late Middle Classes, was interviewed by critic Mark Shenton on stage at the Donmar Warehouse on May 11th and among other things mentioned that she and “Damian watch hardly any television
(occasional news), Damian taught her to appreciate film, they go to the
theatre a lot, they are not planning to live in the States (not for now
anyway), children keeping them busy, how much she admires Damian as an actor
(and not just saying that because she’s married to him, she said).” Thanks to Tina for the report! 🙂
Previews for The Late Middle Classes begin May 27th.
- Praise for Life starring Damian Lewis:
Life (2007) – It’s never enough to reiterate this fact: Life has been taken away from us way too soon. Sigh. It was enough just watching actor Damian Lewis fill out our TV screen as Detective Charlie Crews, making the most of his character’s strange antics and passion for fruits while trying to deal with his messed-up head from having served time in prison. At the same time, however, it’s interesting to see how Crews can invoke hilarious reaction from his partner, Dani Reese (Sarah Shahi) and then later, Jane Seever (Gabrielle Union). We miss that.
- Thanks to Monique for the news that the TF1 network in France is currently rebroadcasting Life – Season One; the second episode will air on January 10, 2010, check your local listings.
- Damian Lewis is currently starring in The Misanthrope at London’s Comedy Theatre; below are recent comments from lucky theatre patrons who had the opportunity to see the play:
- Enjoy lovely new Damian Lewis icons from SongStressIcons and LittleNotebook .
- “Damian Lewis – The Red Fox” is a new music video on YouTube by LoveGB1993.
» Alobear said: “Damian Lewis was excellent, by far the best performance, and the only actor who never struggled with the rhyming dialogue.”
» According to LowKeyHighFlyer: “Damian Lewis is really excellent in the title role, confirming my opinion from seeing him on TV.”
- The Baker starring Damian Lewis and directed by Gareth Lewis received the “Best Comedy Award” at the recent Naples International Film Festival in Florida.
- Thanks to Linda for the news that Flemish television channel VT4 is re-broadcasting season 1 of Life starring Damian Lewis in Belgium on Wednesday nights at 21:35.
- Helen McCrory attended the EA British Academy Children’s Awards on November 29th. Cards autographed by Helen will be included in the Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince Update set that will be released on December 23, 2009.
- Damian Lewis is a Patron of Scene and Heard a charitable “mentoring project that partners the inner-city children of Somers Town, London with volunteer theatre professionals, providing each child … with quality one-on-one adult attention and an experience of personal success through the process of writing and performing plays.”
- Your Highness with Damian Lewis will be theatrically released in the US on October 1, 2010 and in the Netherlands on October 28, 2010.