Click here for pictures of Damian goofing off just a bit from Monday, February 22nd.
- Visit the Warehouse for new photos of Damian Lewis outside the Comedy Theatre on January 8, 2010 after a performance of The Misanthrope.
There aren’t many men that manage to look sexy in a rumpled, checkered shirt! 😀
Click here for more onstage photos of Damian and Keira Knightley.
- Click here for the first still photo from Your Highness; Damian isn’t in this picture but the set and the costumes look terrific!
- Thanks to Monique for the news that French television network Cinecinema Frisson has been broadcasting The Escapist with Damian Lewis; check your local listings.
- The Baker starring Damian Lewis and directed by Gareth Lewis received the “Best Comedy Award” at the recent Naples International Film Festival in Florida.
- Thanks to Linda for the news that Flemish television channel VT4 is re-broadcasting season 1 of Life starring Damian Lewis in Belgium on Wednesday nights at 21:35.
- Helen McCrory attended the EA British Academy Children’s Awards on November 29th. Cards autographed by Helen will be included in the Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince Update set that will be released on December 23, 2009.
- Damian Lewis is a Patron of Scene and Heard a charitable “mentoring project that partners the inner-city children of Somers Town, London with volunteer theatre professionals, providing each child … with quality one-on-one adult attention and an experience of personal success through the process of writing and performing plays.”
- Your Highness with Damian Lewis will be theatrically released in the US on October 1, 2010 and in the Netherlands on October 28, 2010.
Collider.com has an interview with Danny McBride, star of Your Highness in which Damian Lewis will play “the head of a dastardly pack of knights”. According to McBride the film will be released late next year year – Oct 1st – so that it can be first screen at places like Comic-Con in July. Also according to McBride, it’s not a “a medieval stoner comedy”; instead they “wanted to make an 80’s fantasy film … No jokes are had from cod pieces or anything like that” … they “wanted the world to be real and the comedy just comes from the people that happen to be in this world and really shouldn’t be.”
I play a knight, Mancunius the Bold. Who’s sort of … there’s a gang of Elite Knights led by Damian Lewis and Toby Jones who’s in it as well and we’re sort of the baddies. They shot this sequence where we were preparing for battle and we went “Wouldn’t we … what do you want us to do?” and they said “Just do what you think how you would prepare for battle” so there’s slow motion of us doing yoga and picking out weapons. That was great to do.
Click here for the rest.
Your Highness starring Danny McBride, James Franco, Natalie Portman, Zooey Deschanel is set for release on October 1, 2010
Click below for a brief video clip of Damian at The Men Who Stare At Goats screening. Thanks to Ann for the headsup.