- Click here and here for information about the Best of Masterpiece Theatre special featuring Damian Lewis that will air on US PBS channels on March 4th (repeated March 9th).
- According to this site, An Unfinished Life featuring Damian Lewis will be transmitted on Greek satellite TV during the week of January 12th – 19th.
- During her appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night Helen Mirren talked about her new film The Queen, also starring Helen McCrory as Cherie Blair, and said that it will go on wide release in the US on January 19th.
It has been confirmed that Damian Lewis’s appearance on Wogan Now and Then, the popular British chat show, will be taped on Thursday, January 18th at 2PM; click here to apply for tickets.
- Click here to read a Damian Lewis interview from November 2001 about Band of Brothers and the Golden Globe Awards.
- A Comment/News page has been added to the official movie site for The Situation starring Damian Lewis.
- In a recent Update author Anthony Horowitz said that “…Stormbreaker did pretty well in the UK – it made around $15m which is fantastic for an independent British film. By and large it got good reviews too…Meanwhile, the DVD of Stormbreaker did brilliantly: 110,000 sold in the first week.”
- The Region 4 Stormbreaker DVD will be released in Australia on January 24th.
Damian Lewis’s appearance on Wogan Now and Then (the popular British television chat show) will be taped in front of a live audience on Thursday, January 18th. Tickets are free but must be obtained in advance, click here to apply. The broadcast date of Damian’s episode is not yet known but the first program of the season will air on January 23rd at 10:20 PM on UKTV Gold.
- Director Philip Haas will present The Situation to the New York chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NY NATAS) on January 19th; non-members can attend for $15 US.
- Release and broadcast updates:
» Dreamcatcher will air in Latin America on January 13th on the Warner Channel. [El Sabado 13 de Enero, Warner Channel transmite para latinoamerica la pelicula Dreamcatcher.]
» Band of Brothers will be broadcast in Germany on RTL2 beginning January 14th.
» Chromophobia will open in cinemas in Spain on March 16th.
» Click here for the Schedule of upcoming Damian Lewis-related events.
- London’s Theatre Museum will permanently close on January 14th. Their video archive of British theatrical performances (including Five Gold Rings starring Damian Lewis and Helen McCrory) will be maintained at Blythe House by the Victoria and Albert Museum. Click on the links for more information about viewing archived recordings.
l 1 l
- Click here to learn about Australian libraries that include Brides starring Damian Lewis in their DVD collections.
- Updates on The Situation:
- The Region 2 Chromophobia DVD was released in France on January 4th; US members have already begun receiving their orders and confirm that the DVD offers two versions – a dubbed French version and an English version (with optional French subtitles.)