- The BBC News asked six celebrities about their hopes for British Chancellor Alistair Darling’s new government budget, Damian’s response was:
“I would like to see the government committing less funds to the World Bank, especially whilst the Bank imposes such particular conditions on its loans to developing countries. I’d also like to know what happened to the £14m Network Rail fine. The trains don’t really work, so perhaps a nationwide bicycle network?”
- The date of the UK theatrical release of The Escapist has been pushed back; the film will open on June 20th not April 25th as previously reported. 🙁
- Chantel shared the news that An Unfinished Life featuring Damian Lewis will air on Belgium’s VijfTV network on Wednesday, March 19th.
- The UK online vendor sites are now showing the cover art for the region 2 British DVD for Chromophobia starring Damian Lewis. It is the same composite image used for the previously released French DVD. The UK DVD will be released on April 7th and is currently available for pre-order.
- Life, the NBC series starring Damian Lewis, continues to generate excitement and gain new fans even though the show is on hiatus and no new episodes will air in the US until next fall.
» An article about the impact of the screenwriters strike in USA Today includes these comments about Life:
The break sparked changes. “The strike made us rethink some of where we were going,” says Life executive producer Rand Ravich, who will expand the conspiracy behind the framing of Charlie (Damian Lewis)… But the delay leaves some anxious. “We were just building momentum with the audience, and we feel like that’s being snatched away from us,” says NBC Studios chief Katherine Pope of Life. “It was frustrating that we couldn’t capitalize.”
» Click here to enjoy a terrific new music video for Life from Maya Tawi.
- A preview-screening of The Escapist featuring Damian Lewis took place in London last night; this blogger’s coments about the film include:
“…I was literally on the edge of my seat. With most scenes played out within the dingy walls of an ageing London prison, or in the abandoned tunnels of the Underground, it’s a dark film, but a great one. I wouldn’t agree with it’s IMDb genre rating of a ‘Thriller’ but it’s definitely not for the faint hearted. And with a nice little twist at the end, it’s one to watch out for…”
- Information posted on Watch With Kristin on E! Online indicates that some of the original writers will no longer be working on NBC’s Life starring Damian Lewis, but the show’s creator Rand Ravich sent assurances stating:
“It was a learning process. Charlie’s a very difficult person to write; it’s a very fine line. Season one was about learning what the show needed, and I think every first season is kind of a shakedown with crews. I don’t think there were any hard feelings [from the people that left], I just think people went on to do what they want to.”
- Can you name the mystery song from Life? The opening of the NBC Rewind online version of What They Saw (episode 4 of Life) features a song that no one has been able to identify so far; click here for more information and a sound byte and contact KathyV if you can name this tune! Note: the broadcast version of episode 4 that aired in the US on October 17, 2007 featured a different song, Bloody Bunnies by Gram Rabbit, which is track 8 on
- The trailer for Daniel Craig’s new film Flashbacks of a Fool is now available on YouTube. The movie features Helen McCrory and will open in the UK on April 18th.
- Thanks to Selene you can now download and listen to Damian Lewis’s March 7th interview about The Baker on BBC Radio 4’s Film Programme by clicking here (interviewer: Francine Stock, length: 5:59 min, file size: 5.46 MB, type: MP3.)
- Vanessa shared information about an imeem.com fan group for Life starring Damian Lewis.
- New Damian Lewis wallpapers from Peque! Click here to enjoy one lovely wallpaper or click here for another wallpaper featuring Charlie Crews (Damian Lewis) and Ted Earley (Adam Arkin) from Life – and who doesn’t love Charlie and Ted?!
- Click here to read viewer comments about The Situation featuring Damian Lewis.
The Situation is currently available on DVD in Region 1 and Region 2.