- The cover art for the region 2 UK DVD of The Baker (produced by and starring Damian Lewis) is now available. The film is available for pre-order and will be released on DVD in the UK on March 3rd. Caution! Region 2 DVDs will only play on multi-region, region-free, and region 2 DVD players: UK, EU, Mideast, Egypt, So. Africa, and Japan.
As long as you’re ordering British DVDs remember that the 2000 BBC series Hearts and Bones starring Damian Lewis was recently released on DVD! 😀
- Happy Belated Birthday to Mr. Gareth Lewis! Gareth is the award-winning writer and director of The Baker and his birthday was January 25th. ➡
February 11th is Damian Lewis’s birthday and fans have been asked to perform a special act of charity or kindness in his honor; click here to read more about it.
- Viewer comments about The Escapist posted on IMDb include these observations:
» “Within the first 2 minutes of the Escapist you know your buckled in and you won’t be getting up till the credits start rolling, and thats just how it is.”
» “Truly superb film. I was impressed by the choice of actors … Damian Lewis, in particular, really impressed with his performance as ‘the bad guy’”
» “I caught this at Sundance…Then I went back to a second viewing! (The only film there
I’d felt that way about.) The audience reaction said it all … this was one of the few films at the festival which really exceeded expectations.”
- Spoilers! Click here for a strong review of The Escapist from Patrick McGavin of Screen Daily and click
here for a viewer report on the film.
- The Vertigo Films site offers this biographical information about Rupert Wyatt, co-writer and director of The Escapist:
Rupert Wyatt studied film in Paris, France and while at University started writing for producers Claudie Ossard (Amélie) and Jean-Pierre Ramsay (Total Eclipse). This was followed by four years of writing and developing features in New York for companies Shooting Gallery, Miramax
and Radical Media. He has written and directed fifteen short films including Get the Picture (2004) starring Brian Cox and Lloyd Owen and winner of the 2004 Cambridge Film Festival. Founding member of PICTURE FARM, London & New York based production company which includes film makers Adrian Sturges, Ben Freedman, Damian Lewis, Gareth Lewis and
Marc Singer (dir: Dark Days).
Rupert’s first feature The Escapist will be released by Vertigo in April. He is currently working on The Trail which will start shooting in New Mexico this summer.
- Spoilers! The Personal Pineapple livejournal site now offers “re-watch and discussion pages” for
Merit Badge (episode 1) and Tear Assunder (episode 2) and have scheduled Wednesday, January 30th as the re-watch and discussion day for Let Her Go (episode 3).
- This blogger has selected Life as one of the 10 best television dramas of the year stating: “Damian Lewis plays Charlie Crews as a peculiar guy who is inquisitive yet wise. He’s an interesting character whose quirks never overwhelm the character… He’s the star and he makes watching mesmerizing.”