Gallery update: Click here at the gallery for pictures of Damian Lewis leaving Comedy Theatre and at The Ivy restaurant on Saturday.
Click below for Youtube videos of Damian at The South Bank Awards Show last Tuesday.
At the 1:20 mark:
At the 2:15 mark:
Damian leaving the Comedy Theatre last week:
Thanks to Ann and G for the headsup!
A couple more positive reviews for The Escapist which was released on DVD in the US this past week:
Amy Longsdorf of The Record
Brian Cox, so good as Hannibal Lecter in “Manhunter,” goes behind bars once again for a gritty prison drama with a whooper of a twist ending. Cox plays a lifer determined to break out of a London penitentiary in time to save his estranged junkie daughter from certain death. Brutally violent, the film benefits from fine performances by Dominic Cooper, Joseph Fiennes, Steven MacKintosh and Damian Lewis.
David Roark of Pegasusnews.com
The Escapist, however, exceeds the confines of its genre by relying on its characters and their realism rather than the formula, though without fleeing from stock elements, resulting in a raw and believable film that leaves you thinking. … Beyond realistic characters, Wyatt takes the genre a step further with metaphor. Though it’s subtle and slightly ambiguous, this element adds an interesting twist. Not to mention, the way it plays out is captivating.
- Click here to view photos of Damian Lewis taken by James Cheadle for the August 2009 issue of Today’s Golfer magazine.
- HBO will rebroadcast Band of Brothers starring Damian Lewis beginning January 3, 2009 at 9pm ET. Check your local listings; a different episode will air each Sunday evening with repeats on Monday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Previous HBO broadcasts of the series have been unedited and without commercial interruption. Thanks to Connie for the news!
Click here for the updated Schedule.
- YouTube update:
» “Life Was His Sentence [Charlie Crews]” is the title of a new video posted by yulivee94.
- This candid photo of Damian Lewis leaving The Comedy Theatre was taken by Fred Duval on December 26, 2009.
Damian Narrates BBC1 Documentary
by Gingersnap | damian-lewis.com | December 27, 2009
BBC1 documentary following 1RHA out to Iraq
- News from the blogosphere about The Misanthrope starring Damian Lewis:
» Parimal Satyal had this to say about Damian’s performance:
Damian Lewis is amazing. The entire cast is brilliant, really, but Damian as Alceste absolutely shines. There’s something about the cynical, hyperbolic way in which he delivers his lines that gives him a somewhat comedic yet powerful presence on-stage.
- More reviews of The Misanthrope:
» Christopher Gray of the Oxford Times said that the character of Alceste:
…is brilliantly presented by Lewis, who really spits out the many cleverly crafted insults placed in his mouth by Martin Crimp in his neatly rhyming version in English.
- New Life music videos on YouTube:
» “Life: Charlie and Dani – Let you go” by Noomi65.
» “Life – Running Up The Hill” by CSImaja.
» Ian Shuttleworth of the Financial Times gave the play 4 stars and said:
Sharrock directs with a sensitivity towards the springy verse of Crimp’s text; Damian Lewis is nicely spiky as the pathologically plain-speaking Alceste (and even suffers a ginger-hair joke into the bargain), and it is heartening to see such a deliberately unsettling double-twist ending to a comedy on a West End stage.