BBC Radio 2 will broadcast the first part of James Bond Stories read by Damian Lewis this Friday, November 17 from 9:15-9:30pm! 8) It will be the first of an 8 part series in which Damian Lewis reads four Bond stories – The Living Daylights, A View To A Kill, The Property Of A Lady and For Your Eyes Only – over the next eight weeks on BBC Radio 2. Each episode can be listened to live online and will be available to listen to on the BBC site till the next part broadcasts. We’ll try to have each episode available for download. (Many thanks to Ann! :arrow:)
- Damian Lewis did a fantastic job hosting the popular BBC comedy quiz show Have I Got News For You on Friday, November 10th. Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to download and view a recording (thanks to Kaz!) of the program. Be advised that it is a very large file (100 MB!) but well worth watching. Click here for information about additional download options.
- Picture Farm producer Adrian Sturges kindly provided an update on current projects, produced in conjunction with Damian Lewis and written and directed by Gareth Lewis:
» He sent thanks to Damian’s fans for all their support.
» He shared news that The Baker starring Damian Lewis is nearly finished and provided details about recent activities and next steps (click here for more information.)
» He said that Gareth’s short film Normal For Norfolk has been well-received and will screen at the
Curzon Mayfair cinema on December 14th. The movie has also been submitted for consideration to several film festivals – including some American festivals.
» He also shared some production still photos from Normal For Norfolk. Click here at the new Normal For Norfolk project page to view the stills.
- Much appreciation to Kaz for this scan of a recent Evening Standard article about young Damian Lewis’s earliest theatrical performances at Eton College including the comments that “it was obvious that he was destined for great things” and that as the evil Wackford Squeers in Nicholas Nickeleby he “stole the show and terrorised the boys playing orphans…” (He always did like playing the bad guy!)
- Thanks to Ann for bringing this great (Damian Lewis as Richard Winters) Band of Brothers music video to our attention.
- Reminder! Damian Lewis will guest host Have I Got News For You! on BBC One on Friday, November 10th at 9 pm!
- Information has been received that the French Alapage.com site will ship the Chromophobia Region 2 DVD to the US when the film is released on January 4, 2007. The DVD will offer two versions – English with French subtitles and a dubbed French version. It is still not known if the French subtitles will be optional. Caution! This DVD will only play in Region-free or Region 2 (UK, EU, MidEast, Egypt, SoAfrica, and Japan) DVD players.
- Director Marrianne Elliott has been nominated for an Evening Standard Award for her production of Pillars of the Community starring Damian Lewis at the National Theatre last year.
- Thanks to Ann for posting these links to sites offering black and white production stills from Warriors and screencaps of Colditz starring Damian Lewis.
- What’s the perfect Christmas gift for a Damian Lewis fan? You can’t go wrong with the Gingerbread Man shower scrub!