- Ann posted this article describing plans to coordinate the release of Damian Lewis’s brilliant film Keane in England, Scotland, and Ireland with a campaign to raise public awareness of the impact of emotional distress on afflicted individuals and the work done by the Samaritans, a support organization.
- This review of Keane calls Damian Lewis’s performance “Oscar-worthy” and says “the movie belongs to Lewis; he isn’t just the core of this film, he is the film…”
- Sue from Southern Australia shared the news that Band of Brothers will rerun on Australian TV Channel 9 on Tuesdays at 10:35 PM.
- The catalogue of the National Theatre Archive in London now lists video recordings and other documents for the 2005-06 production of Pillars of the Community (starring Damian Lewis) as available for viewing onsite; click here for more information.
- New Damian Lewis video interview! Damian appeared on Film 2006 with Jonathan Ross yesterday to discuss the September 22nd UK release of Keane. Thanks to perfectlymatte from the Matthew Macfadyen Online site for recording the interview for us! Click here then scroll down to download and view the clip. Click here to enjoy Selene’s screencaps from the interview! [pm]
- Selene has discovered that Damian will be interviewed about Keane by Francine Stock on BBC Radio 4 at 4:30 PM on September 22nd.
- Ann shared this post about Sunday’s celebrity cricket match; Damian Lewis and his teammates raised £5,000 for charity.
- KathyV has learned that the Birmingham Repertory Theatre Archive in the Birmingham Central Library has documents and images (available for viewing onsite) of 22 year-old Damian Lewis appearing as Brandon in Rope and starring as Romeo in Romeo and Juliet in 1993. Click here for information about all known archives holding videos and documents related to Damian’s theatrical work; and visit the Warehouse to enjoy programme scans from Rope.
- Television ads for the US release of Stormbreaker on October 6th are now running on Nickelodeon.
- Reminder! Damian Lewis is scheduled to participate in Keane Q&A sessions at the Soho Curzon Cinema on September 20th and following the 6:30 PM Keane screening at the National Film Theatre on September 22nd. Click here for a review of Keane.
- The BBC program Film 2006 had an interview with Damian and clips from his film Keane. It airs again this Saturday at 1:45pm on BBC2 but it may or may not be the same episode! Thanks to perfectlymatte for the headsup!
- Click on the following for pics from Dryope.net including an old pic of the Band of Brothers cast at the HBO Golden Globes Party and an outstanding one of Damian wearing a pretty pink sunhat. 1 l 2 l 3.
- Click here to view new photos of Damian Lewis taken at the Ivy Restaurant on Friday, September 15th.
- Project Preview pages for two new Damian Lewis films, The Baker and The Situation have been added to the Damian-Lewis.com site (nice job, Selene!)
- Click on the links below for information about Damian’s celebrity cricket team (The Bunburys) and articles about today’s charity game to benefit a children’s hospital.
l 1 l
- Today’s map of the 100 most recent visitors to the Damian-Lewis.com site shows that Damian has fans on every inhabited continent on the planet! Don’t forget to respond to our Geography poll to tell us where you live (it’s anonymous and easy!)
- This nice review of Stormbreaker was written for the Australian release on September 21st.
- Producer Adrian Sturges sent us updates on two Damian Lewis projects.
» The Baker is still in post-production and American
composer Alex Wurman is scoring the film.
» Normal for Norfolk, a short film he produced with Damian which Gareth wrote and
directed, has been selected for the 2006 Cardiff Film Festival. The short film premiered at the Edinburgh festival last month and screened at the BAFTA in
London this past Monday.
- Ann has scans of the recent Independent interview up at her site.