- Plans are moving forward for a summer wedding! According to this report Damian Lewis and Helen McCrory were in the Islington Registry Office in North London on May 11th applying for a marriage license for a summer wedding. The best of luck to them!
- Damian Lewis was spotted this weekend at the Hay Festival in Wales. According to this report one of the events he attended was a presentation by Eric Hobsbawm. Since Damian was seen wearing an (empty) baby sling we can assume that the family were with him. The Hay festival is a gathering of writers “in every medium in Britain and around the world.” It sounds like a lovely weekend!
- Insignificance, the new BBC Radio 4 play featuring Damian Lewis will air on June 9th from 2.30-4.00 PM; click here for more information.
- There’s been a major personnel shake-up at NBC Entertainment that could affect the scheduling and premiere of Life starring Damian Lewis!
Several high-level executives, including President Kevin Reilly, have been replaced and industry trade publications are predicting significant scheduling changes (and even some delays) for NBC’s fall line-up of programs.
However, when the dust settles, this could turn out to be a good thing for Life as there has been general agreement that the unlikely pairing of The Bionic Woman and Life on Wednesday nights will face tough competition from the other US networks. For the best chance of success, Life needs a good day/time slot and strong promotion; otherwise it could just disappear like many fine programs that were handled poorly in the past. Keep your fingers crossed that Life gets a fair chance!
- According to this eBroadcast article Australian television channels 10 and 7 are considering acquiring LIFE, the new NBC series starring Damian Lewis, for their fall schedule. Australian fans are encouraged to contact their networks to request the show.
- Reminder! Keane starring Damian Lewis will air on Foxtel World Movies in Australia on Monday, June 4th at 10:20 PM with encore screenings on Tuesday, June 5th at June 12:55 PM and Sunday, July 1st at 10:15 PM.
This review of Keane states:
“…I don’t think anybody could deny that Damian Lewis’ performance is anything less than world class. Playing a troubled loner with serious mental problems is not easy. Making that character sympathetic and conveying the pain and misery of mental illness, in the way the actor does in Keane, is nothing short of astounding…”
- Click here for a new interview with Philip Haas, director of The Situation starring Damian Lewis.