- This UK Film Council press release about British films screening at the Sundance Film Festival says this of The Escapist starring Damian Lewis:
“Four Lottery funded titles are screening at the Sundance Film Festival taking place from January 17-27 2008 in Park City, Utah, USA, with three marking feature debuts for new British directors. Sundance is America’s leading indie festival, the premier showcase for new work by independent filmmakers…The Escapist is backed by the UK Film Council’s Premiere Fund …It is the feature debut of award-winning director Rupert Wyatt, who also co-wrote the script…
…Sally Caplan, Head of the Premiere Fund says, ”We are delighted that Rupert Wyatt who emerged from the UK Film Council’s Cinema Extreme short film scheme is now among the talented directors whose films have been selected for Sundance 2008. We are particularly thrilled that the film has been included in the festival’s Premiere section. The Escapist is a compelling film and an excellent feature debut. It’s great to see it join a range of Lottery funded titles from new and established talent achieving recognition at one of the world’s leading film festivals…”
- Just 2 more days to vote for Life as The People’s Choice for “Best New TV Drama” – you can vote once per day!
- Thanks to Leah for this interview with Life co-star Sarah Shahi (a very talented artist) that includes this comment about her early career with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders:
“Sarah is doing fantastic work,” Lewis said. “The endless questions about cheerleading are really not applicable to what she’s doing now. She’s definitely proved herself as a serious actress.” “Ah, that’s nice,” Shahi responded. “I’m going to cry.”
- Tonight and Wednesday’s two-part episode of Life are recommended by the CanWest News Service.
- Click here to enjoy a new Life fan video on YouTube that was created by JanePrefect.