- CanWest Media Works will broadcast Life starring Damian Lewis in Canada this fall! ➡
According to Barbara Williams, CanWest’s senior vice president of programming, “…Wednesday at 10 is Life (starring Damian Lewis from Band of Brothers), and that may be the one. It’s a great, strong detective show, and it delivers on that front, but it looks and sounds so different, with a quiet intensity to it. It has a great procedural strength, but it also has a couple of big arcs to the whole story that I think are fascinating.”
- Updates for The Situation:
» A representative of Shadow Distribution sent thanks to the members of the Damian Lewis Yahoo! Group for their “continuing interest and support for The
Situation starring Damian Lewis.” He confirmed that the film is opening in North Carolina this week “at the Carolina Theater in Durham on Friday and at Thalian Hall in Wilmington on Monday.”
» The Situation will also open in Vancouver, Canada on Monday at the Vancity Theatre.
- Click here (PDF file) to read about the “UK Films for Sale” at the Cannes International Film Festival including Picture Farm’s features The Baker (Gareth Lewis) and the
The Escapist (Rupert Wyatt) both starring Damian Lewis.
- Site update! Click here to access the new Chromophobia project preview page. Director Martha Fiennes traveled to Spain recently for the film’s release in that country; she was accompanied by two cast members, her brother Ralph Fiennes and co-star Kristen Scott Thomas.
- In the US HBO On Demand subscribers can view episodes of Band of Brothers at any time (and at no additional charge) now through June 21st. An IGA Research study concluded that Band of Brothers is the History Channel’s “highest engagement cable program” (indicating highest viewer recall of advertisements). Furthermore, the series was the only highest scoring program on any cable network that was not original content.