- Damian Lewis update! ➡
A ”Happy New Year” message kindly sent by Damian’s associate Melissa indicates that the Lewis family plan to stay in the UK until the labor strike by the Writers Guild of America is resolved and work resumes on his NBC program Life. The family are all doing well, Helen McCrory will soon be filming her role as Narcissa Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and preparing to return to the stage in Ibsen’s Rosmersholm opening at the Almeida in May. New baby Gulliver “is very sweet with gorgeous chipmunk cheeks and very alert” and his big sister Manon is an auburn-haired beauty!
- Spoiler! Brian Ford Sullivan of the Futon Critic has listed Fill It Up (episode 11 of LIFE) as number 34 of the “50 Best Episodes of 2007” saying that “Jack Reese telling Charlie (Damian Lewis) that he didn’t notice he had Rachel Seybolt all along still gives me chills.”
- According to information posted at the NBC Life community forum a message received from John Miller, Chief Marketing Officer, NBC Universal Television Group said “We believe in the show but we have run out of originals due to the strike…but it will be back.”
- Click here to download and unzip Damian’s December 3, 2007 video interview on Atlanta & Company for the mid-season finale of Life. This is the interview that includes Damian’s unexpected – but charming – use of the phrase “softly, softly catchee monkey,” a British slang expression meaning “move slowly and cautiously.” Thanks to Kaz for the clip! (11.9 MB, WMV format) 🙂
- Click here and here to read more positive comments from viewers about Life and Damian Lewis’s mesmerizing portrayal of Detective Charlie Crews.
- The new season of the PBS Masterpiece Theatre series will premiere in the US on Sunday, January 13th. This season the show will have a new host, a new look, and an new opening that will offer a glimpse of Damian Lewis as Soames Forsyte in The Forsyte Saga; click here for more information.
- Well-known fashion photographer Ian Rankin recently told the Daily Mail that he appreciates Damian Lewis’s sense of style saying: “Pharrell Williams does it for me, style-wise. So do actors Daniel Craig and Damian Lewis. I like the Sixties vibe that Daniel Craig has – when he makes an effort he looks amazing.” 😀