- Damian Lewis and Helen McCrory attended the London premiere tonight of Flashbacks of a Fool, Helen’s new film with Daniel Craig. The premiere took place at the Empire cinema in Leicester Square. Our very own Dotty attended the event and she said that Damian and Helen arrived very late and were quickly rushed to their seats. Photos from the premiere are available in the Warehouse; click here and here for Dotty’s candid pictures from the event! 😀
- New Damian Lewis radio performances!
» Thanks to Ann for the news that BBC Radio 4’s recording of the
Josephine Hart Poetry Hour program of the Unforgettable Poetry of World War I is now available for online listening. The readings are done by actors Robert Hardy, Daniel Stevens, Damian Lewis, and Elizabeth McGovern. The poems are very powerful and all of the performances are excellent but you will hear Damian’s readings at the approximate times listed below:
– 13.25 Wilfred Owen’s Dulce et Decorum Est is read entirely by Damian Lewis
– 18.24 you can hear Damian as “The Married Man” and at 19.20 as “The Captain” in Cyril Horne’s Dolores
– Alfred Noyes’s The Victory Ball starts around 21.00 and Damian comes in around 22.07
– 22.55 begins Rudyard Kipling’s Extracts from Epitaphs of the War and you can catch Damian around 23.40 and at 25.02
This is a recording of the Josephine Hart Poetry Hour that originally took place on June 5, 2007, at the British Library. The program will be repeated on BBC Radio 4 FM on Saturday, April 19th at 23:30.
» On Saturday April 26th from 2:30 to 3:30 PM BBC Radio 4 will air The Small Black Room, a World War II drama starring Damian Lewis as “British scientist Sammy Rice, who takes great pleasure in his work – testing inventions considered potentially useful for the War. But then he is asked to unravel the mystery of hundreds of German bombs found strewn across Britain which lay dormant but inexplicably explode when they come into human contact.”
The program is produced by Clive Brill and will probably be available for online listening after the broadcast.
- Lodge Kerrigan’s brilliant film Keane starring Damian Lewis will broadcast on US television this month on April 25th at 10:00 PM on the Sundance Channel. Thanks to Sarah for the news that some On Demand cable networks are currently offering the film for free viewing this month.
Other Damian Lewis movies on US television this month include The Situation on the Sundance Channel on April 20th and 25th and An Unfinished Life on FX on April 17th and 18th.
- This report from The Observer says that Damian Lewis attended the first screening of Sam
Taylor-Wood’s new short film Love You More last night. The film was partly produced by the late Anthony Minghella. Actor Ben Chaplin (who co-starred with Damian in Chromophobia) also attended the screening.