- The region 4 DVD for Colditz (ITV’s World War II mini-series starring Damian Lewis, Sophia Myles, and Tom Hardy) will be released for purchase in Australia on February 18, 2009. The DVD is currently available for rent in Australia.
The Colditz DVD can also be purchased/rented in region 1 (North America) and region 2 (UK/Europe); check the Shop page for more information.
- Damian Lewis was recognized in Santa Monica yesterday during a family outing: 🙂
“By STV, 1/18: While cruising the Santa Monica Farmer’s Market for breakfast, spotted DAMIAN LEWIS…recognized him from Band of Brothers. Cute, doting dad and seemed comfortable with the crowd. He was waiting to put one of his small children on the miniature pony…He looked good, but shorter than expected (both the actor and pony).”
- This Den of Geek review by Ben Jones for the February 2nd UK release of Life – Season One DVD says:
“A show like this lives or dies on its choice of leading actor and, in lesser hands, all the foibles of a character like Charlie Crews could become annoying very quickly, but, thankfully … Lewis really excels in the role. He has already proven himself to be a more than competent actor (witness his turn in the criminally overlooked film Keane) and in Life he portrays Crews as damaged and dangerous, but also shows a good comedic side…
More surprising was the performance of Sarah Shahi as Crews’ partner, Dani Reese…Life is the first thing I’ve seen her in and she really is a revelation. Her chemistry with Crews, I believe, is the backbone to this show.”
- The Telegraph has published an interview with actress Christina Hendricks that mentions her portrayal of Olivia on Life:
“Hendricks also has a recurring role in Life, a crime drama starring the British actor Damian Lewis, whom she describes as ‘fantastic. He has a good American accent, too. I’m sure no one even knows he’s a Brit.'”
- US cable television viewers are reminded that the Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker, the teen spy movie with Damian Lewis, is running on Cinemax in January and February.