- Congratulations to producer Adrian Sturges! He has been selected to take part in the “Producers On the Move” event at the Cannes International Film Festival in May. ➡
Adrian is Damian Lewis’s business partner in the Picture Farm production company and he is the producer for both The Escapist and The Baker starring Damian Lewis. Click here and here for more information about the prestigious “Producers On the Move” selection.
- The Escapist will screen at the USA Film Festival on Friday, May 1 at 7:00 pm at the Angelika Film Center in Dallas. The festival will include a tribute to the film’s star Brian Cox who will be in attendance. Click here for more information about the festival.
- And click here to read more praise for The Escapist!
- The Lewis family are back home in the UK! A lucky fan named silvernickel ran into them on Monday at London’s Tate Modern museum of contemporary art:
I met him! by silvernickel (Wed Apr 15 2009 09:52:07)
On monday, outside Tate Modern. He was really really friendly and took the time to chat even though he was there with his family! Seems like a really nice guy.
- Life starring Damian Lewis continues to gather recognition and accolades as we wait to hear if there will be a 3rd television season for this excellent series. Alex Strachan of the Canwest News Service had this to say about the program:
Life was good. If it should end tonight for good, those who watched from the beginning will know that here was a show that didn’t pander for ratings, that didn’t compromise, that stayed true to itself to the end. Life will be missed.
- Don’t miss this opportunity! Enter by April 17th to win a large, autographed poster of Damian Lewis; click here for more information.
- This Daily Mail article about Eton, Britain’s most famous prep school, lists Damian Lewis as one of the school’s many successful graduates. The article also references another notable alumnus, Damian’s close friend, former classmate (and his favorite author!) best-selling spy novelist Charles Cumming. Below is a picture of the two friends; still good buddies after many years! 😀