- Season 2 of Life starring Damian Lewis will run in the UK on ITV3 beginning June 3rd; click here for more information.
- More details are available for the Region 1 (North American) DVD for Life – Season 2 that will be released in the US on August 25th:
The DVD will include all 21 episodes for season 2 in anamorphic widescreen with a Dolby Digital 5.1 audio track. Commentary tracks will be offered for selected episodes and some deleted scenes will also be included.
- In this interview, Lord Jeffrey Archer discusses his efforts to find financial backing to make a film of Paths of Glory, his book about George Mallory, the great British explorer that died mysteriously on Mt. Everest in 1924. The interview includes these comments about the actors most suitable to play Mallory:
Given the choice, who would he see playing the role of George Mallory, the hero of his latest yarn? Pat, he rattles off a wishlist: “Christian Bale, Paul Bettany, Damian Lewis.”
Why these three? “Well”, he quips, “George Mallory was a very-good looking man. Heaven help the actors. He’d have to be strong enough to span Mt Everest and be good looking as well.”
- This week Adrian Sturges, the producer for The Escapist and The Baker starring Damian Lewis, is participating in the “Producers on the Move” programme at the Cannes International Film Festival. According to this Screen Daily article the international distribution rights for his new film The Disappearance of Alice Creed have been acquired by West End Films.
- More exciting news from Cannes, Rupert Wyatt, director of The Escapist will direct Keanu Reeves in a new thriller titled “Cartagena”.
- Reminders! Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker with Damian Lewis is airing on Cinemax during May and June.
And don’t forget that Damian will perform the voice of “Agent 00 0” in Phineas and Ferb’s new adventure titled “Elementary, My Dear Stacy” on The Disney Channel on May 15, 16, 20, 30, and 31 2009.
- The Escapist with Damian Lewis is currently playing in Fort Lauderdale, FL at the Cinema Paradiso; click here for a review of the film from the New Times Broward-Palm Beach.
This Australian review of The Escapist was recently featured in the Catholic Leader.