- The above picture shows Damian Lewis with Tom McCarthy, owner of Nevada Smith’s in New York City. Nevada Smith’s is a pub “Where Football (Soccer) is Religion!” The date of the picture is unknown but it’s probably prior to the start of filming for Life in 2007 (judging by Damian’s haircut!)
- Click here for “Breaking Point” the next episode in Alan Sepinwall’s revisit of Band of Brothers starring Damian Lewis as Major Richard Winters.
- The History Channel is running another Band of Brothers marathon on June 29 – 30, 2009. The first 7 episodes will be shown on Monday, June 29th from 10:42 am until 8 pm ET.
The final 3 episodes will be shown on Tuesday from 9:11 am until 1 pm ET; then those same 3 episodes will be repeated from 3:11 pm until 7 pm ET. Thanks to Ann for the news.
- An Unfinished Life with Damian Lewis will broadcast in the UK on June 28th on BBC One.
- Click here for ntranh’s review of The Forsyte Saga. Damian Lewis fans in the UK can watch The Forsyste Saga on ITV3 starting June 25, 2009.
- Information posted on Harry Potter’s Page includes these comments from Helen McCrory about her role as Narcissa Malfoy in “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” which will be released theatrically on July 15th:
Nevertheless, the task Draco has been charged with is so terrible and so risky that his mother, Narcissa Malfoy, risks the wrath of the Dark Lord by going to the home of Severus Snape to ask him to help her son complete it. Helen McCrory, who plays the part of the aristocratic Malfoy matriarch, relates, “Draco has been asked to fulfill an incredibly dangerous task, and she does not think he is capable of doing it. Therefore, she betrays what she believes is a true cause in order to secure her son’s safety. She’s desperate. In that moment, I think she must be secretly furious with Voldemort—it’s one thing to ask for your loyalty, but it’s another thing to ask for your child’s life. Narcissa may be a baddie, but she is a good mother.”