- Thanks to Sandra and Ann for the link to vote for Damian Lewis and Life in Television Without Pity’s “Tubey Awards”. The relevant polls include:
» Best Sidekick: Ted Earley (Life) or Bobby Stark (Life)
» Best Villain: Roman (Life)
» Best Badass: Charlie Crews (Life)
» Best American Accent by a Non-American Actor: Damien Lewis (Life) (misspelled!)
» Best On-Screen Death Scene: Roman (Life)
» Best Season Finale: Life
» Most Painful Series Cancellation: Life
» Broadcast Network Show Most In Need of a Move to a Cable Network: Life
» Best Dream / Hallucination / Vision Sequence: Charlie is hallucinating that he’s back in the prison (Life)
» Most Welcome New Character: Jane Seever (Life)
» Best Smackdown (Non-reality Show): Charlie Crews vs. Roman (Life)
- British actor James Purefoy, the star of NBC’s new series The Philantrhopist, told the New York Daily News about the advice he received from colleagues Damian Lewis and Kevin McKidd about working in Hollywood on a network television series:
I spoke to Damian and Kevin because they both worked with NBC. I said, “Tell me the truth, how do they treat you.” They told me it’s tough, the scheduling is punishing. You have to really fight for creativity because you’re actually spending most of your life learning lines…”
- In the US June 30th is the last day to view The Escapist with Damian Lewis as a satellite/cable “Video On Demand” pay-per-view feature under “IFC In Theaters”.
- The Escapist will screen in Charlotte, North Carolina on July 11th for the “Charlotte Film Society’s Saturday Night Cine Club”.
- Inspired By Music, the new book of celebrity photographs (including Damian Lewis) by Cambridge Jones, will be released on July 1, 2009 and Tower Books is offering the volume at the discounted price of $24.99 (US). Proceeds from sales of the book will benefit
The Prince’s Trust charity. Thanks again to Ann for the link!
- Helen McCrory’s new film The Special Relationship will start filming in London on July 20th under the direction of Richard Loncraine; click here for more information.
- Alan Sepinwall of the New Jersey Star Ledger has published two more articles in his series on “revisiting Band of Brothers; click on the links below for “The Last Patrol” and “Why We Fight”. Thanks to Leah for the links.