- The Photostage.com site features photographs by Donald Cooper including pictures of Damian Lewis and Helen McCrory in a number of stage productions. Available images of Damian Lewis include pictures from Cymbeline, Pillars of the Community, Five Gold Rings (with Helen) and several photos from the 1996 Royal Shakespeare Company production of Much Ado About Nothing that have been added to the Warehouse.
- Kaz reports that Ambassador Tickets have released additional seats in February and March for The Misanthrope starring Damian Lewis.
- The region 1 (US and Canada) DVD for The Escapist with Damian Lewis will be released on January 26, 2010 and is now available for pre-order.
- In this review of The Escapist DVD, Sam J Turner’s comments about Damian Lewis’s performance include:
Prior to its almost-perfect conclusion, two things stand out in The Escapist; Brian Cox and Damian Lewis…Lewis’ role amounts to hardly anything more than a cameo. As Rizza, the quiet and calculated, gangland style, leader of the inmates, he is the perfect antithesis to Perry (Brian Cox). Where Perry answers problems with philosophy and considered actions, Rizza, as you would expect, takes quiet delight in exacting violence and intimidation. The stand-offs between the two are short but there is enough subtle excellence from Lewis in Rizza to let us know who’s boss, without needing to see him shouting and swearing front and centre.
- Damian Lewis, Helen McCrory, and other celebrities have donated items of clothing to support an environmental awareness initiative co-sponsored by the Camden Council and TRAID (Textile Recycling for Aid and International Development) to raise public awareness and reduce the amount of textile waste dumped in landfills. “Wardrobe Re-Vamping Workshops” will be held at the Swiss Cottage Library and Gallery on November 12, 2009 to provide tips for restyling and updating used clothing items. Celebrity clothing, including the jackets donated by Damian and Helen, “will be restyled and turned into high street fashion pieces and fashion accessories.” Click here and here for more information.