- Damian Lewis’s associate Melissa sent a message saying that Damian is very busy right now and “rushed off his feet.” She also said that baby Gulliver Lewis has dark, brown hair “but there’s not much of it yet!” 😀
- The season 2 premiere of Life starring Damian Lewis will screen at the Paley Center for Media’s “Fall Preview Parties” in Los Angeles on September 8th and in New York on September 11th. These screenings are open to the public but advance reservations are required.
- Chris Ball of Cleveland.com reviewed the soon to be released season 1 DVD for Life and said:
“Crews is underplayed nicely by English actor Damien Lewis, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for the excellent HBO mini-series “Band of Brothers.” Lewis as Crews evokes a little bit of Jimmy Stewart from “Destry Rides Again,” as the Old West sheriff who disarms bad guys with his witticisms instead of six-guns. The difference is that Crews doesn’t hesitate to use his gun when necessary.”
Click here to read the full article.
- Tirdad Derakhshani of the Philadelphia Inquirer had this to say about the upcoming, season two debut of Life and the soon-to-be-released season one DVD:
‘Life’ gets a reprieve
NBC will premiere the second season of its little-watched, yet brilliant Zen-meets-Polanski cop show, Life, on Sept. 29. The smart, complicated drama stars Damian Lewis (Band of Brothers) as a cop who served 12 years in prison for a triple murder he didn’t commit. Now he’s back. But he’s not angry: He practices Zen. Then again, he is totally out to get the dirty cops who set him up. And he eats a lot of fresh fruit. (Watch the first season with Life: Season One, due out on DVD Tuesday from Universal Studios.)
- While Glenn Teichman of the Albany TimesUnion.com had this to say about Life:
Life,” about a cop, Charlie Crews, who has just been released from prison for a crime he didn’t commit, had a great star turn by Damian Lewis (“Band of Brothers”) and a compelling mystery about who framed him. At the end of the season, Crews had found one of the men involved in the frame-up, but the conspiracy apparently goes further. The show returns with a special airing after “Heroes” on Monday, Sept. 29, before moving to its regular time slot on Fridays.
- Writer/director Rupert Wyatt is a business partner of Damian Lewis and Adrian Sturges in Picture Farm, the British independent film production company. According to Hollywood.com two of Rupert Wyatt’s next films will be produced by Picture Farm. Brian Cox has been cast in the Fourth Wall and Adrian Sturges will produce. Another Picture Farm partner, Ben Freedman, will produce The Trail.
- Click here for a review of The Escapist with Damian Lewis from Jacob Powell of New Zealand’s Lumiere Reader.
- AlexxiaMcElroy has posted 2 new Band of Brothers music videos on YouTube titled Whispers In the Dark and Candyman.