- The February 16 – March 1, 2009 issue of TV Guide includes 3 items about Life starring Damian Lewis.
Episode 2.15 titled “I Heart Mom” is a Hot List pick for February 18th (see above). The information that Gabrielle Union is joining the cast as a temporary partner for Charlie Crews during Sarah Shahi’s (Dani Reese’s) pregnancy is featured in the Breaking News section; and episode 2.16 “Hit Me Baby” is included in the Highlights for February 26th. Click here for scans of the articles in the Warehouse.
- Listen to Los Angeles radio station KROQ tomorrow morning from 5:30am to 9am (PT) for a live interview with Sarah Shahi (Damian’s co-star on Life). Sarah will make a guest appearance on the Kevin and Bean Show. The interview will be available on podcast later in the day for online listening. And thanks to Ann for the information!
- French channel TF1 will premiere season one of Life on March 4th; click here, here, and here for more information
- Thanks to Kaz for scanning the DVD cover for The Escapist with Damian Lewis. The region 2 DVD was released for sale in the UK on February 9th.
- Jack Foley of IndieLondon gives The Escapist “4 stars” stating that:
“The Escapist hooks from the beginning by making clever use of a fractured narrative, cutting between the breakout itself and the build up to it. Hence, it poses questions about its central characters that are only answered as the film progresses. It also tips its hat to established genre rules without necessarily copying them for exploitative thrills… (Brian) Cox almost inevitably emerges with the most credit… But there’s strong support from the likes of Fiennes, as a volatile bruiser; Lewis, as a softly spoken killer, and Cooper, as the youngster clearly out of his depth.
(Director) Wyatt also maintains a good pace and seldom opts for the predictable, a ploy that keeps the film in surprisingly good nick for a clever twist ending that most viewers won’t have seen coming.
So, for those seeking an expert mix of Prison Break-style thrills and Shawshank Redemption-inspired male bonding, The Escapist offers plenty of both. It is, to coin a phrase, a cracking piece of escapism.”
- Enter an IndieLondon contest to win a free copy of The Escapist DVD! Just email your contact information and response to this question “Who makes his directorial debut with The Escapist?” to indielondoncomps. (Hint: the answer is Rupert Wyatt.) 😉
- Ross McGuinness’s MetroLife review of The Escapist describes the film as a “slow-burning success, held up by the stirring presence of its star and a cracking musical score.”
- This viewer’s review of The Escapist describes Damian Lewis’s portrayal of the evil Rizza as an “effeminate ginger psychopath” and “truly disturbing”! 😆
- The new season of Phineas and Ferb will begin on February 16th on the Disney Channel and Damian Lewis will make a guest voice appearance some time this season as Secret Agent 000! Information about Damian’s role is given in this C21media interview with the show’s creator Jeff Marsh:
“The second season is coming out in spring on Disney and so far we have Peep Show’s David Mitchell, actor Damian Lewis and Matthew Horne from Gavin and Stacey to do voiceovers. Lewis will voice a new character, Agent 000, who shows up in England when character Perry is on assignment. Mitchell voices Big Mitch, an intergalactic poacher over a two-part episode and Horne will voice a Christmas special.”
- Tomorrow, February 11th is Damian’s birthday! Click here to learn what you can do to join the celebration!