- New Damian Lewis Trade Justice video! Damian Lewis is an ambassador for the Christian Aid organization and Selene has discovered his new video encouraging public support for a trade justice campaign event scheduled to take place in London on September 14th.
» Click here and here to learn more about the Beat Goes On campaign.
» Click here to download and view Bolivia For Sale, the documentary that Damian made last year for Christian Aid.
Oh crap, I accidentally deleted Tuesday’s post! 😥 So some of this is a repeat of yesterday’s stuff …
- Jen updated us with the Australian broadcasts dates for various Damo programming – click here for the updated TV schedule.
- This week’s TV Guide (July 31 – August 6) has a brief review (and photo) of Much Ado About Nothing. Thanks to Ann!
- Click here for a positive review of Stormbreaker. Click here for box office news on the film.
- According to the article here, Colditz will be released on DVD in the US in early 2007! Perhaps it will finally broadcast in the US around that time?
- We’ve added our first affiliates! Make sure and check them out! 😉
» Hugh Dancy.info – a site for gorgeous UK actor, Hugh Dancy
» Ralph Fiennes Corner – a site for Damian’s Chromophobia co-star
» Absolutely Sophia Myles – a site dedicated to Damian’s pretty Colditz co-star
» Stellar Matthew – a site for Damian’s Warriors co-star, Matthew MacFadyen
» Presenting Marion Cotillard – a tribute page for the beautiful French actress
» The Man Beneath the Kilt – a Ewan McGregor site.
- A few notes on Much Ado About Nothing: Click here for the new BBC America page and here for a postive review from Catholic Online. Much Ado broadcasts on BBC America on Aug. 6th at 7pm and 11:30pm ET! Thanks to Ann.
- Some news on the Stormbreaker soundtrack from Kaelynn over at the AH message board. The website Arcade Digital Music is offerering previews and a download of the film score on their website. No sign of the Matt Willis or Rooster singles that have been mentioned previously so maybe another soundtrack is in the works?
Move over Coen Brothers for the new kids on the set
by Claire Hill, Western Mail, May 6, 2006
Move over the Coen Brothers, there’s a new film making duo in town, and this time they’re Welsh. Actor Damian Lewis has teamed up with his baby brother Gareth to make their first film together. Claire Hill joined them on location in their beloved Wales
DAMIAN LEWIS’S legs are half sticking out of a makeshift vent shaft as the actor attaches knee pads underneath his all- black ensemble.
A gun is visible and is just peeping out from the band of his trousers. Next to his feet, rolls of silver gaffer tape and wires are scattered on the floor. Directly in front of him, in the old paper mill, tucked at the back of a Cardiff industrial estate, someone fashions a gun holster out of an old yoga mat.
The film clapper board reads Roll 46, Slate 74, Take 1 and the rest of the 40-strong crew are getting ready for a scene rehearsal.
The Welsh actor’s key role in this scene is to crawl through the painted silver boxes and make it look as if he is scrabbling through the vents of a ceiling shaft.
And, he has to do all of this while holding a gun, a motive in his mind and a sense of ennui about his current situation in life. Impossible? That’s acting for you, darling. Continue reading Move over Coen Brothers for the new kids on the set, Western Mail, May 6, 2006