- The Telegraph has a great interview with the lovely Helen McCrory where she discusses the different ways she and hubby Damian like to spend their weekends. Her movie with Daniel Craig Flashbacks of a Fool is now in release in the UK. You’ll be able to catch her in Ibsen’s Rosmersholm at the Almeida from May 15th to July 5th.
- Click here for the mp3 and Real audio download of BBC Radio 4’s Josephine Hart Poetry Hour Programme: the unforgettable poetry of WWI. It may still be listened to online. Thanks to Kaz for the download!
Some of you might have noticed that all other media links are currently down! 😥 I’m so sorry about that – I’ll try to have them up again in a few days!
- Click here at Youtube for a clip of the
“Dapple Dandy” scene between Charlie and Kyle from
Life episode “Fill It Up”.
- High quality photos of Damian Lewis at the recent Beyond the Rave launch party have been added to the Warehouse Gallery compliments of Andrea! 🙂
- Click here for a cute new Damian Lewis banner created by Peque.
- Damian’s in first place but the contest doesn’t end until Wednesday so keep voting in the Hello! magazine “Most Attractive Man of the Week” contest!
- Once again we are indebted to Dryope! Click here or here to enjoy lovely HQ pictures of Damian Lewis taken by Marc Hom in an outstanding 2003 phootshoot…thud! 😀
- Damian Lewis attended the launch party for the new Vampire film Beyond the Rave last night at Shoreditch House; click here to enjoy the photos.
- Director Gareth Lewis talks about his movie The Baker starring Damian Lewis and also about the general lack of regard given to comedic films:
“Frankly a film should be judged on its merits, regardless of genre,” says Lewis via e-mail. “If it’s a tearjerker that makes you weep buckets, is that somehow more of an achievement than making people weep with laughter?”…
“I suspect that all comedians feel underrated when it comes to awards,” Lewis says, “but the reward, if not the award, is seeing a theater full of laughing people.” Click here to read the full story.
The Baker will premiere in the US at the RiverRun International Film Festival in Winston-Salem, NC on April 25th and 26th and is currently playing in the UK cinemas listed below:
» PHOENIX LEICESTER 17TH – 18TH APRIL
» PONTERDAWE ARTS CENTRE 19TH APRIL
» ABERYSTWYTH ARTS CENTRE 22ND – 26TH APRIL
» COURTYARD HEREFORD 6TH – 8TH MAY
» THEATR MWLDAN CARDIGAN 25TH – 29TH MAY
- Curahee! We’ve moved Damian into 1st place in Hello! magazine’s “Most Attractive Man of the Week” contest but he only has a narrow lead over the very talented and attractive Clive Owen – so keep voting!
- This Eye for Film review of Chromophobia starring Damian Lewis concludes with:
“…Martha Fiennes has made a discursive, edgy and always interesting drama about modern topics and traumas. While Matthew McConaughey’s out chasing Caribbean treasure and George Clooney’s playing 1920s baseball, here’s a movie gamely tackling serious issues of the age. And that’s always commendable.”
- Click here to vote for Damian Lewis in the Hello! magazine “Most Attractive Man of the Week” contest! You can vote once every 15 minutes.
- Coldplay’s new album Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends is now available for preorder at Amazon.co.uk. The long-anticipated album will be released in June and includes “Song for The Escapist” featured in Rupert Wyatt’s film The Escapist with Damian Lewis.
- Attractive couple Damian Lewis and Helen McCrory are both well-known, not only for their exceptional abilities as actors, but also for their excellent taste and fashion style. In this interesting new Times article Helen shares her opinions about fashion.
- A report in Digital Spy indicates that season one of Life starring Damian Lewis will broadcast this summer in the UK on ITV3 and will then air on FX and FXHD starting next January.
- Our own Keri asked Kristin at E! Online for an update on Life and got this response:
I can tell you that the Reese-Crews relationship will not be getting any romantic complications in the immediate future, but the door does remain open to that possibility. Show runner Rand Ravich told me: “They’re like any good working relationship—it will change as stresses are put on it from outside and inside, and if they do come closer together physically, it will be because circumstances have changed, and they will have to react to that. As for now, I think we’ve found a really good place for them to be, and they are a place of safety for each other. I think we’ll stay here for a while.”
- Billboard and Variety report that Coldplay’s new album Viva La Vida will be released in the UK on June 16th and in the US on June 17th. The album includes (as a hidden track) “The Escapist” – a tune written for and featured in the film The Escapist with Damian Lewis.
- The trailer for The Escapist is now available on YouTube; click here for links (provided by Selene) to download the trailer in various file sizes and formats.
- Click here to enjoy a picspam of Damian Lewis and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau dueling to the death (not really!) in The Baker. 😀