- Currahee!, Dryope‘s wonderful Band of Brothers gallery, will be closing its doors within the end of the week. If there’s something you’ve been wanting to save but haven’t had the time – do so soon!
- Gareth Lewis’s short film Normal for Norfolk (produced by Damian
Lewis and Adrian Sturges for Picture Farm and featuring Helen McCrory)
is the Myspace Pick of the Week! Click here to watch the film online.
- Click here for another article on how the British are invading US living rooms. It also mentions that Life is likely to be picked up by one of the UK channels there.
- Thanks to Jen for updating us about upcoming Damian Lewis programs on Australian TV including: Friends and Crocodiles and Brides on Showtime in June; Colditz on Hallmark in June and July; Keane on World Movies in June; and An Unfinished Life on Movie One in June. Check the Schedule for more information about upcoming Damian Lewis performances around the world and contact Selene with information about Damian Lewis events in your area.
- The 12 semifinalists in the
MyMovie MashUp competition have been announced and unfortunately Gareth Lewis’s short film Normal for Norfolk was not selected. This smart and funny movie was produced by Damian Lewis and features Helen McCrory. The film is currently available for viewing online.
- According to this Times Online article about Love and Virtue (the epic film written by Dr. Mia Sperber and scheduled to star Damian Lewis as the romantic hero Orlando/Roland) will begin filming in late August. Director Raoul Ruiz is quoted from Cannes as saying:
“…when Dr Sperber sent him the script, he was intrigued. “There were so many possibilities. If I were to single out what most stands out about Love and Virtue, it would be its extraordinarily poetic and visionary character.” He said that the script’s philosophical and spiritual content was “coupled with great action, so rarely found in projects today”.
- Many current articles are speculating about the recent, executive-level reorganization at NBC but according to TV Guide the changes in leadership are not expected to affect the network’s fall schedule that includes Damian Lewis starring in
Life at 10 PM on Wednesday nights.
- Update from Picture Farm about Rupert Wyatt’s film The Escapist with Damian Lewis: “The Escapist will be in Post until September however the screening of the Promo down at Cannes by our International Sales Agent Vertigo was a great success.”
- Damian Lewis will not appear in It Takes Two! this week – A recent article in the Observer suggested that Damian Lewis would perform onstage May 31st and/or June 1st at Theatro Technis in London for the new Scene and Heard charitable event. However, new information obtained from Scene and Heard indicates that although Damian Lewis was present for a recent event on May 10th he is not expected to participate in this week’s activities.
- Lodge Kerrigan, the writer/director of Keane starring Damian Lewis, has an exciting new film project titled Thieves; click here to read more about it, and click here for a photo of Damian Lewis, Helen McCrory, and Lodge Kerrigan at the Keane after-party at the London International Film Festival in 2005.