- More from Tuesday’s Prince’s Trust event:
» Click here at the gallery for additional red carpet photos of Damian.
» Click here at the Prince’s Trust site for info on the winners of the RBS Community Impact Award presented by Damian.
» Click here on Youtube to catch a few glimpses of Damian on the red carpet. His last significant appearance is at the 2:53 mark.
- Joellyn, a fan in the US, reports that her The Baker DVD finally arrived (5 days late). If you’re in the US and want a copy but can’t modify your DVD player or buy a new region-free player, she recommends purchasing AnyDVD, a software that enables your computer’s DVD player to play DVDs from other regions. Click here for more info.
- For an mp3 download of the Brides soundtrack, click here at eSnips. Thanks again to Ann for the link.
- Click here in the Multimedia section to download the BBC News 24 clip from yesterday.
Damian Lewis interview
by Marie Claire Magazine – March 19, 2008
Brit actor Damian Lewis is making it big in Hollywood. He talks exclusively to
British Band of Brothers star Damian Lewis, 37, stars in and produces The Baker this month. Written and directed by his younger brother, Gareth, the comedy tells the tale of a hitman who decides to quit the life and hide out in a Welsh village.
How was it to be directed by your younger sibling, Gareth?
I didn’t know quite what to expect…I suppose we were quite polite and very respectful of each other. Sweetly, we were also quite loving towards each other. Probably, if we did it again, we might be more frank. We might just say. ‘That doesn’t work’, rather than be respectful of the fact that we’re working with each other.
- Damian Lewis was a presenter at the awards ceremony for the The Prince’s Trust and RBS ‘Celebrate Success’ campaign. The awards took place tonight at the Odeon Theatre in London’s Leicester Square. Prince Charles attended the event as well as many other public figures including Gwyneth Paltrow and Kevin Spacey.
» The Celebrate Success program recognizes the accomplishments of young people who have triumphed over disadvantages such as homelessness, drug addiction, poverty, and unemployment. The Daily Mail reported that Damian presented the RBS Community Impact Award to a team of unemployed young people who revived a Second World War memorial garden in Witton, Birmingham. Lewis said:
“Civilians who died in the World War II heavy bombing were often buried without a permanent tombstone. I think the young people from this Prince’s Trust team did an amazing thing, providing a crucial place for relatives to remember their lost ones.”
» Click here for red carpet photos of Damian at the Prince’s Trust event (and thanks to Dryope for the high-quality images!)
» BBC News 24 asked celebrities at the awards to comment on the sad and untimely death of filmmaker Anthony Minghella; click here for the video clip which includes some remarks from Damian Lewis. (Thanks to currahee060644 for alerting us about this.)
- A new character will debut on season 2 of Life starring Damian Lewis. According to the Watch With Kristin column on E! Online:
“They’re adding a new cop to the team named Captain Brian Tidwell. I’m hearing he’s a rough around the edges hottie. Apparently he’s got a thing for sports betting, whiskey and women. Sounds like the guy is a bit of a mess, but in the most endearing sort of way.”
Thanks to Ann for giving us this news!
- svirginiak has posted a great Life music video called Charlie Crews Has a New Life on YouTube.
- Information on IMDb indicates that The Escapist featuring Damian Lewis will be theatrically released in The Netherlands on September 25th; the film is scheduled for release in the UK on June 20th.
- In addition to the high-quality pics from the Prince’s Trust event Dryope also has images from a new Damian Lewis photoshoot for our enjoyment! 😀
- This article discusses the Iraq War as told on film including The Situation starring Damian Lewis. The US televison premiere of this Philip Haas movie will take place on Wednesday, March 19th on the Sundance Channel.
- Linda from Belgium shared the sad news that two more of the original Easy Company Band of Brothers, Maxwell Clark and James ‘Moe’ Alley, passed away on March 14th.
- This DVD Times article offers information about the April 7th UK release of the DVD for Chromophobia starring Damian Lewis.
- Reminder! Fans on both sides of the Atlantic will have the opportunity to watch the television premieres of 2 Damian Lewis performances on Wednesday, March 19th ➡
» While Belgian and Dutch fans will enjoy the European TV premiere of An Unfinished Life on VijfTV.
- According to the Daily Mail Damian Lewis and Helen McCrory attended a “Crush Party” after a performance of the Royal Ballet Theatre’s production of Sylvia at the Royal Opera House on Saturday, March 15th.
- A recent issue of Keep In Touch (PDF file, page 6) offers information about the filming of The Baker, created by Gareth and Damian Lewis, in the town of Grosmont in Wales. The film is now available on DVD in the UK.
- According to the Lincolnshire Echo, Damian Lewis will attend The Prince’s Trust and RBS Celebrate Success Awards 2008 which is being held at the Odeon cinema in Leicester Square this Tuesday, March 18. Click here and here for more info.
- ITV.com has a new Life page. No premiere date is mentioned, but the page does say it’s “coming soon.” Thanks to salsoulgrl!
- Norway’s Channel TV3 is currently airing Life – click here at the TV3 site for a promo clip for “Powerless”.
- Click here in the Media section for a download of the BBC News clip from Thursday.
- Click here at Youtube for a tribute to Damian, a slide show of images from The Forsyte Saga and Colditz set to the song “Sexy Back”. 😀