- Click here for a new interview with Damian Lewis in The Independent promoting the opening of The Baker on Friday. It mentions at the end of the interview that he is scheduled to film Love and Virtue next! He was originally set to star in the film but then dropped out of the project last summer.
- The Baker will run for one week at the Ritzy Picturehouse. Here’s the current schedule:
Fri 29 Feb – 11:00 AM, 2:40 PM, 6:50 PM, 9:00 PM
Sat 01 Mar -2:40 PM, 9:15 PM
Sun 02 Mar – 2:40 PM, 9:15 PM
Mon 03 Mar -2:40 PM, 9:15 PM
Tue 04 Mar – 2:40 PM, 9:15 PM
Wed 5 Mar – 2:40 PM, 9:15 PM
Thu 06 Mar – 2:40 PM, 9:15 PM
- The Escapist news:
According to this Observer article, Coldplay has written the closing track (‘Song for the Escapist’) for the film and now that they “have seen and loved the film” they will include it on their forthcoming album.
- More UK vendors offering The Baker DVD: ASDA Entertainment (free delivery), TESCO Entertainment and WHSmith.co.uk.
- Click here (and go to page 3) for new production photos from The Baker starring and produced by Damian Lewis.
Thanks to Leah, the trailer for The Baker is now available for download here. It’s an avi file (17 MB) and should play on Windows Media Player and on RealPlayer.
The Baker will be released on region 2 DVD in the UK on March 3rd.
- New scans of Damian Lewis as Hamlet from the 1994 programme for the Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre are now available in the Gallery Warehouse (scroll to the end of the album for the new images.)
This is the production that Gareth Lewis referred to in the recent Sunday Times interview with the Lewis brothers:
“Damian was becoming successful quite quickly. He was 23 when he did Hamlet in Regent’s Park. I’ve always loved being part of that success, you know, going to the shows and saying: ‘Yeah, that’s my brother.’”
- Update: click here and here for behind-the-scenes videoclips from An Unfinished Life featuring Damian Lewis, Jennifer Lopez, Becca Gardner, Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and director Lasse Hallstrom. The clips were posted on YouTube by nmou81.
- Damian Lewis will attend the February 29th London premiere of The Baker!
Damian will be at The Ritzy PictureHouse to introduce a 9pm screening of The Baker on Friday, February 29th. He will joined by other members of the cast and crew. Tickets for this screening are now on sale online or can be purchased in person at the cinema, or by calling 0871 704 2065. The screening is open to the public and fans are encouraged to attend the event to show support for Damian, Gareth and the movie.
Damian produced as well as starred in The Baker and the film was written and directed by his younger brother Gareth Lewis.
Here’s the description of The Baker posted on the web site for The Ritzy:
The Baker (12A)
Director: Gareth Lewis Origin: United Kingdom Year: 2008 Duration: 109 Starring: Michael Gambon, Damian Lewis, Kate Ashfield
The directorial debut of actor Damian Lewis’s (KEANE) younger sibling, Gareth, THE BAKER is described as WAKING NED meets GROSSE POINT BLANK. Lewis again excels as a hit-man, Milo, who tires of his days as an assassin and seeks refuge in a sleepy Welsh village. Complicating matters is his romantic involvement with a local vet, Rhiannon Jones (Ashfield, SHAUN OF THE DEAD). Beautifully observed, written and performed (Gambon, SLEEPY HOLLOW, is superb as Milo’s mentor), this is promising fare indeed.
- Lisa de Moraes of the Washington Post posted this response to a reader’s questions about Life starring Damian Lewis.
- Click here at the Guardian site for an article by Gareth Lewis, writer and director of The Baker. He discusses the oddness of working with his brother Damian and filming him semi-naked in a sex scene. The film premieres and opens in London on February 29th at the Ritzy PictureHouse. Damian Lewis and other cast members hope to attend. The UK Region 2 DVD will be released on March 3rd.
- The Chromophobia Region 2 DVD is now available for pre-order at Amazon.co.uk. It’s set for release in the UK on April 7th.