- New “Tubey Award” polls are up at the Television Without Pity site with lots of chances to vote for Damian Lewis and Life! The relevant polls are:
Group 1-4 group:
» Best Drama: Life
» Best Single Episode – Drama: “Not for Nothing” (Life) or “One” (Life)
» Favorite Character: Charlie Crews (Life)
» Best “Hell Yeah!” Moment: Charlie Crews kills Roman with one punch to the throat
» Neverending Subplot That Most Needs to Be Resolved: The conspiracy against
Charlie Crews (Life)
» Best Line of Dialogue: “I need a bigger gun.” – Charlie Crews (Life)
- Thanks to Sandra and Ann for the link to vote for Damian Lewis and Life in Television Without Pity’s “Tubey Awards”. The relevant polls include:
» Best Sidekick: Ted Earley (Life) or Bobby Stark (Life)
» Best Villain: Roman (Life)
» Best Badass: Charlie Crews (Life)
» Best American Accent by a Non-American Actor: Damien Lewis (Life) (misspelled!)
» Best On-Screen Death Scene: Roman (Life)
» Best Season Finale: Life
» Most Painful Series Cancellation: Life
» Broadcast Network Show Most In Need of a Move to a Cable Network: Life
» Best Dream / Hallucination / Vision Sequence: Charlie is hallucinating that he’s back in the prison (Life)
» Most Welcome New Character: Jane Seever (Life)
» Best Smackdown (Non-reality Show): Charlie Crews vs. Roman (Life)
- British actor James Purefoy, the star of NBC’s new series The Philantrhopist, told the New York Daily News about the advice he received from colleagues Damian Lewis and Kevin McKidd about working in Hollywood on a network television series:
I spoke to Damian and Kevin because they both worked with NBC. I said, “Tell me the truth, how do they treat you.” They told me it’s tough, the scheduling is punishing. You have to really fight for creativity because you’re actually spending most of your life learning lines…”
- In the US June 30th is the last day to view The Escapist with Damian Lewis as a satellite/cable “Video On Demand” pay-per-view feature under “IFC In Theaters”.
- The Escapist will screen in Charlotte, North Carolina on July 11th for the “Charlotte Film Society’s Saturday Night Cine Club”.
- Inspired By Music, the new book of celebrity photographs (including Damian Lewis) by Cambridge Jones, will be released on July 1, 2009 and Tower Books is offering the volume at the discounted price of $24.99 (US). Proceeds from sales of the book will benefit
The Prince’s Trust charity. Thanks again to Ann for the link!
- Helen McCrory’s new film The Special Relationship will start filming in London on July 20th under the direction of Richard Loncraine; click here for more information.
- Alan Sepinwall of the New Jersey Star Ledger has published two more articles in his series on “revisiting Band of Brothers; click on the links below for “The Last Patrol” and “Why We Fight”. Thanks to Leah for the links.
- Click above to view the trailer for Life episode 2.18 titled the “3 Women” which will broadcast in the US on Wednesday, March 18th on NBC.
Spoiler warning! Thanks to Kaz you can now download the recent, behind-the-scenes footage from the “3 Women” and the new interviews with Damian Lewis and Gabrielle Union from the Multimedia page.
- Great job! Damian Lewis has beaten American Idol’s Simon Cowell in “Round One” of E! Online’s “Alpha Male Madness” tournament! ➡
Damian has now advanced to “Round Two” and he’s matched up against Thomas Gibson who plays Aaron Hotchner on Criminal Minds. Click here to vote for Damian Lewis. You can vote multiple times, just refresh your browser to vote again.
- Click here to play Part 2 of the “Life’s Questions” game at NBC.com.
- Click here for a new Life music video by 95Glock.
- Click above to view IFC’s trailer for the April 3rd US release of The Escapist with Damian Lewis.
The Escapist is also scheduled for release in New Zealand on May 28th.
- Don’t miss Life episode 2.17 titled “Shelf Life” airing in the US this Wednesday, March 11 on NBC at 9pm (ET)!
- Spoilers! NBC has released the storyline for episode 2.20 “Initiative 38” airing in the US on NBC on April 1st:
A STATE POLITICIAN SEEKING TO BAN HANDGUNS IS SHOT TO DEATH?Crews (Damian Lewis) and Seever (Gabrielle Union) investigate the death of a California State Representative who is shot and killed in her home. The detectives discover the representative was the force behind a political initiative that would put a comprehensive ban on handguns and cost a gun manufacturing company millions in profit. Crews and Seever work to prove that the representative?s political ambitions may have gotten her killed. Meanwhile, Crews questions what Reese might be doing with the FBI. Adam Arkin, Donal Logue and Brent Sexton also star.
- sweet-revenge00 has unveiled her Band of Brothers picspam (and commentary) for episode 5 “Crossroads”. Of course, this is the fantastic episode that focused on Winters and where Damian was stupendously awesome and gorgeous.
- E! Online is holding a “Alpha Male Madness tournament” where tv’s male leads are matched up against one another. Charlie Crews/Damian is pitted against Simon Cowell of American Idol (Gross, what do people see in that guy?). Go here and vote for our boy! The first round ends on Friday. (Thanks to Ann for the headsup!)